A full stomach makes for a content heart
One great experience of living abroad is the food, unfortunately Chile's cuisine is not my favorite. I do not prefer hot dogs with a mountain of Mayo, or sliced pork(with mayo), or mayo which I am pretty sure is a main course here. If I don't see Mayonnaise , or vanilla pudding, anything that resembles mayo, for the rest of my life I will be very very happy.
Despite the Mayo there are some interesting things we have fallen in love with, EMPANADAS! Ceviche and all the fresh fish and produce! My cooking skills have reached an ultimate high and I have achieved an iron stomach. Andrew and my favorite meal is served out of a shopping cart on a bridge over a dirty river, and we haven't died yet!
 |
| La Vega, 3 blocks of produce |
During our trip to the South we had a lot success with great food. After almost getting eaten alive on our horrible hike we went to La Olla in Puerto Varas and had a fabulous dinner
 |
| Salmon topped with Shrimp in a Cognac-cream sauce+ "risotto" |
 |
| This was so much fun to eat and try out all the different little sea creatures |
 |
| Fresh Salmon about to be turned in to tartare |
 |
| homemade tartare |
Ceviche was a very weird concept to accept, fish cooked in Lemon juice...might as well try to make it
 |
| Brewing some Ceviche |
 |
| looks like brains, tastes like heaven |
 |
| our New Year's dinner: SUSHI |
 |
| Best Empanadas: seafood in Chiloe, I want to cry thinking about them |
 |
| Had to talk Andrew out of getting this every night from a street vender, so good, yet sooo greasy. Cheese Empanada, sopapilla and fench fries |
 |
| Lomito Italiano. Pork, Avacado, Mayo and Tomato(same colors as the Italian Flag, hence Italiano) |
 |
| Carne a la pobre, the only dish with meat I will eat down here. French Fries topped with a flat greasy steak, onions and fried eggs, great hang over food |
 |
| Simple yet delicious: cazuela, chicken, green beans,rice,corn,pumpkin in broth, so good |
 |
| Pastel de Choclo, Andrew likes this...a corn casserole |
 |
| The Vegetarian: apparently tuna is considered a vegetable |
CEVICHE, CEVICHE, CEVICHE!!!-we heard her call and knew she was an angel
 |
| Shopping cart heaven |
 |
| words can not explain how gooooooooooooood this is! |
 |
| they love their juice here, and we do too |
 |
| Tony is trying out for the Blue Man Group |
 |
| can I offer you a 3L bottle of Coke? |
There will probably be another post dedicated to food so stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment