We have grown to love Terremotos while we have been down here. its Pipeño (a type of sweet fermented wine) with pineapple ice-cream. It's very sweet and very strong, and you are advised to only have one glass. It's called a "terremoto" because it makes your legs feel shaky, like an earthquake, which is "Terremoto"s literal translation.
Who knew an actual Terremoto would be slightly more terrifying than the after shocks of that delicious drink.
To give you a full visual, I was still in my boxer shorts and a tank top, some wool socks and my rainbow flip flops (my feet get cold). Now imagine me standing in my front doorway, door open, eyes closed praying "Dear God, Dear God, Dear God, I am going to die!" out loud. Luckily, everyone else in my apartment building were either not home or didn't feel it necessary to run to their doorway and cry, so no one saw me.
After the noise stopped, which apparently meant it was over, I calmed down, only to realize my building was still swaying, so I sat in the doorway for another minute till me and the building calmed down. All in all, it was probably the scariest moment of my life to date. My chest is bruised from my heart trying to beat it's way out of there. It was 5.7, which apparently is pretty common, so most likely I'll feel them again, this time I know I won't die, so I'll try to enjoy it.
Andrew on the other hand didn't feel it at all. I called him 1,000x before I could get a hold of him. I was starting to freak out, but when he answered he said "Oh hey babe, whats up?"...WHATS UP?-I yelled back. He was on the subway and didn't feel it at all. So naturally he thought I was making it up.
We are both safe and alive, and making terremotos tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment